4.29.2009

spring


This was 5 o'clock on a Friday. It had been a beautiful warm day, almost hot, and we decided to get out "the worm guy". Thankfully the pictures were taken at the beginnning. By the end of the sprinkler play time the yard was muddy, Katherine was shirtless and covered with mud splatter and one of the neighbors came over in her swimsuit to play. I enjoyed talking to her mom while not scolding my kids for getting all muddy. I didn't want it to bother me, I wanted them to have fun and having another mom made that easier to carry out.

Of course, while we were all oustide I was supposed to be making burgers for our friends who arrived at 6:00! Oops. We didn't get to eat until after 7 but, we had so much fun being outside.

I'm working hard to remember it today as I sit inside under several layers looking at a very overcast sky. Warm weather is coming, I know it must be!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks and sounds like a lot of fun, Angie. Glad you enjoyed the day.

Karen said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you're having such nice weather. It's been typical "Spring in Colorado" here with some days warm and others days snowy ;)