Here are my Thankful Five:
- A fun job - My new job as "Operation Manager" is truly a blessing. I have never had so much fun working anywhere. Not even as a dog washer or a restaurant hostess. I know both those jobs sound thrilling.
- Fun times with each of my girls - I have been able to enjoy playing Elefun with my 5 year old, Rummikub with my 8 year old and coloring with my 10 year old. How cool is that? I'm learning to set aside my own frustrations with parenting and discipline and just have fun!
- Geocaching - This is a very cool "sport". People hide caches all over the place. There are at least 40 in our small town. We have found 5 and many were in places that we go all the time. We would have never even know there was a little container there without our compass.
- A trip by myself - It's true, I get to go on a trip all by myself for the first time in many years. I am headed to Arizona to see my brother and his family, many aunts and uncles and my Dad too! I just can't wait. I'm sure I'll miss my family terribly, but a little absence is sure to make all our hearts grow fonder.
- Peace with the job change - I recently got together with the family that I used to babysit for full time. I have struggled with knowing if I made the right choice by not choosing to continue watching their little boy (and new little one!). Their recent life changes involve moving into the city! This means it wouldn't have worked for me to continue. I am excited for their new life - they are choosing to be closer to the ministries their heart's are passionate for and I feel peace about my choice. And we are still great friends.