12.09.2012

Thankful Five #5

Dark days, early sunset and late sunrise - I'm needing to force myself to make a Thankful List!  I'm not looking at my past lists - so forgive me if I repeat myself.

1.  Our children.  They give life purpose.  They help me to understand why our Savior gave up his life for us.

2.  Healing wounds.  There was a time in my life where it seemed so many of my relationships were in tatters.  I'm thankful for time and for words of forgiveness.

3.  My wonderful husband.  Matt is truly my rock.  He is patient, generous, kind and adoring.

4.  Starbucks Via.  I find a hot cup of coffee so comforting in the winter and I don't often have the energy to go out and get some.  Our coffee pot is on the fritz and I'm enjoying this instant blend.

5.  Our church.  I found myself in tears this morning as I watched our congregation pour onto the stage to donate toys and toiletries to our community.  We live in an area with so much money, power and prestige and I love that Willow Creek challenges us to give more and live on less.


1 comment:

Karen said...

HUGS to you and your family. Truly 5 wonderful things to be so grateful for. May many blessings come your way in 2013.