8.03.2010

Mom would like a day off

So I'm not sick. Not really. I am seriously living on the wrong side of the bed today though. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings (yes, that happens a lot around here) so... could I just have a day off?

A friend suggested wearing an "Out of Order" sign on these kind of days. Anytime someone comes to me with a whine, problem, fight or question I could refer to the sign.

I suppose it really is like being sick. It's an emotion kind of sickness. Grumpluenza.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I remember in high school wanting to take a "mental health day" or a "my cramps hurt so bad I shouldn't have to go to school today" ..... so seems logical as moms that we would want a break. After all, it is a 24/7 job with not many breaks, recognition or appreciation. Unfortunately, mental health moments or days are few and far between. God give us strength!!!! ;)